Thursday, June 19, 2014

8 Things Making Me Happy This Week

I won a $50 gift card at Ulta this week (which I promptly spent) so I'd say it's the best week of the year.  I have low standards.  

1.  This easy cold-brew iced coffee is callin' mah name!  I've been making coffee at home every weekend (instead walking up to Dunkin Donuts to feed my addiction) but the summer heat is creepin' in on me.  I plan to test this recipe this weekend!  

2.  I won't blame you if you're entirely unfamiliar with Hilda the pinup model from the 50's and 60's but I urge you to familiarize yourself via these Etsy shops.  I can't get enough of these prints!  I've got my eye on this one.  And about every other dang one too.  Now it's just a matter of finding the right space on my wall......

3.  I hope you're ready to get all deep and stuff with this Thought Catalog list.  The thing is, I think I'm guilty of nearly all of them.  Sooooo, that explains a lot.  

4.  Sometimes the easiest desserts are the best desserts.  I present you, Exhibit A:  Salty and Malty Brown Butter Treats.  I don't want to meet the person who doesn't like that.  

5.  I've never read the book Hatchet but that doesn't make this "How Long Could Survive in Hatchet" list any less funny.  I hold no illusions about my survival instincts (i.e. I have none) so this list is pretty accurate.  Eric, on the other hand, would fashion some sort of Rube Goldberg contraption to hunt and kill animals for food or something.  We make a good team (if you define "team" as one person does everything and the other person is helpless).  

6.  Mkay, I'm not gonna say much but I'll just leave this link right here.  (OH MY GOD THE LORAC PRO PALETTE 2)

7.  It's kind of amazing that I need constant guidance on how to properly apply blush.  When I get it right, it looks great but when I get it wrong it looks so very wrong.  Perhaps this will help.

8.  I loved this adorable photo series of sister stuff!  If my older sis and I did this, much of it would be pretty similar.  If my younger sister and I did it, you'd think we weren't even related.    

So what's making you happy this week?     

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment