Fact: EVERYONE likes s'mores. Even when people think they don't, they're just confused. Let's give them a hand and tell them how wrong they are.
I know this recipe isn't anything revolutionary. But if you're like me (then you sound pretty fantastic you beautiful girl), then anytime you see the word "s'mores," you click. Knee-jerk reaction.
See? Also, bonus- everyone loves Rice Krispie Treats. Except my husband. I don't wanna talk about it. We're seeing a counselor.
So really this dessert has everything. Now if it could give you a pedicure and wash your dishes, then it would really have everything.
S'mores giving pedicures. This is where my brain goes at 10pm. It's a dangerous place.
Here's the recipe!
S'mores Rice Krispies
makes approximately 12 squares
- 2 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 /14 cups rice krispies
- 5 or 6 graham crackers sheets, plus more for crumbling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Line the pan with a layer of graham cracker sheets to fully cover the bottom of the pan. You may need to break a few to fit into the pan. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the graham crackers in an even layer. Bake for 6-7 minutes until they begin to puff up and turn golden brown. Keep an eye on them! Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, place the peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter and heat for 45-60 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds or so. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Add the vanilla extract and Rice Krispies and stir to coat. Pour mixture over the top of the marshmallows. Gently and smooth and flatten the top of the mixture. Roughly crumble a few graham crackers and sprinkle on the top.
4. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour to set. When ready, slice into squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks