Sunday, June 8, 2014

Juicy Summer Lips

Yaaassss girl.  Summer lips.  

Whenever summer rolls around, I always think that summer makeup, lips in particular,  are my favorite kind of makeup.  And then fall rolls around and I think fall is best.  And then winter and then spring.  

But today it's summer and boy have we got some juicy shades to discuss.  I did a sweep of my collection to grab my favorite coraly-pinkish-orangey shades in gloss and lipstick formulas.  The result is a real beaute.  



Butter Glosses are a dream.  They're vibrant and oh-so-opaque.  Just LOOK at that color.  The formula is decently-long wearing but some reapplying will be necessary.  That's quite ok with me if it means my lips look vibrant and juicy all day.  

I've really fallen in love with the Moisture Renew formula.  So so so smooth and easy to apply.  It literally feels like applying a balm to your lips.  This shade is a gorgeous coral with a hint of sparkle.  It leans a little orange and paired with bronzey eyes and cheeks, it's a hit.  

In the tube, this shade looks much brighter but on the skin, it's a gorgeous apricot-y pink.  It's opaque and glossy and leaves the lips, well, glossy.  I really have a way with words.  

Have I talked about my fondness for Color Elixirs before?  They're THE BEST.  Like a liquid lipstick.  My fall shade was Intoxicating Spice and now I've made an easy transition to Breathtaking Apricot.  It's an easy way to wear a bright apricot pink without feeling too bold.  

After hearing a lot about the Color Crush line from other bloggers, I gave in to the temptation and got this beautiful pinkish orange shade.  The swatch really doesn't do it justice.  On the lips, it's a light, smooth, shear wash of color.  Perfect for days when I want something more than a standard pink.  

I'm a big Boxom gloss fan and this is the boldest Boxom shade I own.  I like that it applies somewhat shear but it's easy to build the color to something more.  This is perfect paired over a similar color lipstick (of perhaps the Rimmel shade?) and easy to touch up throughout the day.


What have you got on your lips for summah' time?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment