Sunday, February 16, 2014

Save Your Pennies: Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions

Bummer huh?  I've heard so many good things about the Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara so when I saw an "Extensions" version, I thought surely it would be the benefits of Clump Crusher but with added length.  Admittedly, I've never tried the original Clump Crusher though friends and bloggers have raved about it.  For all I know, it could be fabulous!  

But Clump Crusher Extensions is not.   
I'll admit, it certainly lived up to the Clump Crusher title.  Zero clumps.  Couldn't make a clump if I tried.  However, it offered zero volume or length too.  It was almost as if I was using clear mascara.  It was just the sliiigghhtest bit wet and added an eensy touch of definition and that's about it.  

With most mascaras, I've noticed they get a bit more effective after being opened and drying out for about a day so I thought the same would be true here and I didn't dismiss it immediately.  Sadly, a few days didn't make much of a difference either.  For me, it just doesn't provide the oomph I need.  I like long, dark, thick lashes.  I want some punch!  This didn't provide it.  However, it you like a more natural look and don't want to fuss with dry clumping formulas, this might be perfect for you.  

All in all, I'd say you should save your pennies.  

What are your thoughts?  Have you tried Clump Crusher Extensions?     

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment