Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies

Uh, so about America's Next Top Model again.....  Who in the heck is BryanBoy and why is he telling us about social media?  He says things to the models like "Social media loves you today."  Oh really BryanBoy?  All of social media?  As though "social media" is just a unanimous body of voters.  I can't even.   
Also, I just saw a guy get a weave.  I can't unsee that now.  What happened to the good old days of Nigel Barker and Miss Jay?  I just want to watch Tyra flutter her lashes aggresively while saying "The next name I'm going to call is..." which is like if you started every sentence with "The thing that I'm about to say is..."
But I digress because none of it has to do with Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies.  And let's get our priorities straight here.  #1-Cookies  #2- Brownies  #3- Reality television.  Those are my priorities.  Everything else can wait.       
And these cookies fit the bill.  The ONLY way I will accept raisins in my cookies is if they are first ensconced in chocolate.  Then and only then should they appear anywhere near an oatmeal cookie.  If you believe otherwise then I suggest you leave.  I'm sorry I had to yell at you like that.  

Here's the recipe! 

Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies
makes 15-20 cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup Raisinets 

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment or silicon mat and set aside.  
2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using your muscles), beat butter and sugars until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla, mixing for about 2 mins until fully combined.  With the mixer on low, add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Add oats and mix until dough comes together, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.  Fold in Raisinets and refrigerate for 30 mins.  
3.  Once chilled,  scoop dough about 2 tablespoons in size onto baking sheets, 2 inches apart.  Flatten dough slightly.  Bake 9-11 minutes, rotating pans half way through baking, until cookies are set around the edges but still soft in the middle.  Allow to cool completely on wire rack.  

Enjoy! 

Recipe barely adapted from How Sweet It Is

No comments:

Post a Comment