Sunday, June 2, 2013

May Ipsy Bag


On the advise of my friend Maggie, I decided to give another subscription box a try.  I've been receiving Birchboxes for a few months and I've found that they're hit or miss.  Occasionally I find something great but every box has a few duds.  

So this is my first Ipsy Glam Bag and WOW.  I'm blown away by the quality of the products and the shear size of the "samples."  I'm totally in love.  Plus, they come in a reusable makeup bag.  Ipsy for the win!  

 So this is the bag I got and it's the perfect size to hold all my makeup odds and ends and then throw in my purse.  I have a few lip glosses, some oil blotting sheets, a mini mirror and the roll-on perfume in there.  Adorbs.
 People, I got a FULL SIZE Zoya nail polish.  This would usually retail for about $8 on its own (and the subscription is only $10 a month).  It's a beautiful light pink color with a slight shimmer and it's perfect for summer.
This is the roll-on perfume called Pacifica in the scent Tahitian Gardenia.  It certainly has a floral scent with maybe a touch of citrus?  It seems light and summery so it's perfect to keep in my purse and apply later in the day as a freshen-up.
 This is a nearly full-size lipstick by Mirabella called Bellarina and it's a gorgeous light pink with golden undertones.  It's somewhat shear but adds a bit of shine and would be a great color to keep in my purse (can you tell I keep everything in my purse?) and apply throughout the day.  

I've only just started "styling" my brows and I've yet to use up my trusty Maybelline Clear Mascara but this Anastasia Clear Brow Gel is a great size for traveling since these days I can't stand to leave the house without taming these beasts above my eyes.   


When I first got this little thing I didn't actually know what it was.  Turns out, it's concealer!  The consistency is silky smooth and the coverage seems decent.  I'm actually still madly in love with my NYX HD Concealer in Light  but, again, this Yaby concealer is the perfect size to keep in a travel bag for brief getaways.  

All in all, I'm super super pleased with my Ipsy Glam Bag.  So much so, that I'll likely cancel my Birchbox and just stick with Ipsy.  I'm definitely a sucker for these subscription bags but with Ipsy, I think I really got my $10 worth. 

If you're interested in subscribing, check it out here  (<<that's my refer a friend link so you'll be giving me points towards purchases!)


No comments:

Post a Comment