Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cookie Butter Pie



At this very moment I'm watching the best episode of Law & Order SVU ever.  I mean, I can watch hours long marathons of SVU and I'll admit that every so often there's sort of an oddball episode that I just caann'ttt quite get on board with.  Like the one where Benson and Stabler go undercover at a swinger's club to uncover a scheming couple who happen to actually be brother and sister.  Um what?

But man, this episode is a gem.  All you need to know is that it's got John Stamos.  Who has somehow managed to not age a day since the days of Uncle Jesse Katsopolis aside from a little salt and pepper hair.  And obviously, guys can pull off salt and pepper while I spend a fortune on dying my hair because of some dang grays that appeared at the old age of twenty three.  



Ok, no joke, as I type, this episode just got infinitely better.  {Spoiler Alert} John Stamos is a serial abusive reproducer who fathered 47 children and all of his girlfriends confronted him at once in the precinct.  Omg, wait, it's somehow getting better.  The domestic abuse psychologist murdered him?!


Guys, this is why I watch SVU.  It doesn't have to make sense.  It's got great guest stars, Ice T is a terrible actor, and Christopher Meloni has a kick ass tatto on his arm.  That's a recipe for show.  Oh wait, speaking of recipes.....

I forgot this was a baking blog for a moment.  But really this pie needs little description.  A crust made of oreos.  A filling made of cookie butter, cream cheese and Cool Whip.  Serve cold.  Eat seconds.  

Here's the recipe!  


Ingredients
Crust:
25 whole Oreos
4 Tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:

1 cup "Cookie Butter" (or Biscoff spread)
1 package (8 Ounce) cream cheese, room temp
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 package (8 Ounce) Cool Whip, thawed

Instructions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Crush the Oreos until they’re fine crumbs (I used a small food processor and worked in batches).  Put crumbs in a medium bowl and pour the melted butter over the top and stir to combine.  Press into pie pan (I used a 9" pan) and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, or until set.  Let cool.

2.  Beat the cookie butter with the cream cheese until smooth using a stand mixer or handheld mixer. Add the powdered sugar slowly and beat until smooth.  Add in the thawed Cool Whip and beat mixture again until smooth, making sure it's well incorporated.

3.  Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula.  If desired, pipe additional filling on top.   Chill in the freezer for at least an hour before serving.  **see note


**A few notes.  Perhaps my pie pan was too small but I had quite a bit of filling that did not fit in the pan.  Thus, I was able to pipe some on top to make use of it.  You can either use a slightly larger pie pan or just what I did and eat the leftovers from the bowl.  

**I served this directly from the freezer (using a warmed knife to get clean slices) and it almost resembled ice cream cake.  A very very good thing.  

Enjoy!

Recipe barely adapted from The Pioneer Woman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment