Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Five Product Face

If you follow my blog at all, it's no secret that I like makeup.  Like, a lot.  So even my everyday makeup routine involves about 20 products and I love every minute of it.  However, I can appreciate the benefit of a quick "face" when you're short on time or traveling light.  So I've narrowed down a routine to 5 products (quite a feat for me) for those days when you just ain't got the time (and just don't care) BUT you still want to look polished.  Extra bonus, they're all drugstore products that are super affordable.  
First up, my fave NYX HD Photogenic Concealer.  When I need to be out the door quick, there's just no way I'll fiddle with foundation.  This concealer is light and easily blendable.  Use it on your spots and under eye circles and your skin is done! 
Can you tell I love NYX?  Next is the NYX Cream Blush in Orange.  Now, I know this color is bright in the pan but trust me when I say it's super blendable and incredibly natural.  It's just the perfect kind of pigmentation to add a little kick but nothing crazy.  I dare say it's my favorite blush.
Ah, Maybelline Color Tattoo, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.  Bad To The Bronze is just the perfect everyday shade that's natural enough to require almost no effort but impactful enough to wear totally on it's own.  This stuff is holy grail makeup material to me.  Give it a swipe on your lids and little into your crease and that's all the eyeshadow you need. 

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara- You can really just chose your favorite mascara here and swap it in but the idea is, mascara is a must.  Along with lipstick, mascara is a real "bang for your buck" product.  It wakes up your eyes and adds a little drama.  I like The Falsies for a bit more of a natural look but with added length.   
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti- Yep, it's pretty much orange lipstick.  But, like, a coral-y orange.  And the great thing about the Revlon Lip Butters is that they apply sorta shear at first and you can build the color to your preference.  This, paired with the blush, is so complimentary and bold.  

What do ya' think?  Some bold colors in there but I promise it's not TOO bold.  

So what's your Five Product Face? 


No comments:

Post a Comment