Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Easy Stovetop Potato Spinach Fritatta

Potato Spinach Frittata, stovetop frittata recipe, easy frittata recipe
I know you probably expect to find only baking recipes around these parts but believe it not, I attempt to consume more than just sugar and butter in my everyday diet.  Especially since getting pregnant, I just feel better when I eat better (heartburn is real people).  And I hate to say it but *gasp* I seemed to have lost my sweet tooth just a bit since getting pregnant.

Ok well its not that I don't still eat chocolate everyday.  I'm still me people.  I just need far less of it to feel satisfied.  Is this what normal people feel like?

Potato Spinach Frittata, stovetop frittata recipe, easy frittata recipe
Anywayz, easy (and I mean eeaasssyyyyyy) weeknight recipes are kinda my jam lately.  And that usually means eggs 90% of the time in my house.  Luckily, I love eggs and my husband really really loves eggs so that makes things easy.  

While my go-to is usually just plopping a fried egg on top of, well, practically anything, this fritatta is a close second because it's incredibly simple and so satisfying.  
Potato Spinach Frittata, stovetop frittata recipe, easy frittata recipe
As you'd expect, you could customize this fritatta in practically any way you please.  Bacon and cheese?  Sure!  Asparagus and mushrooms?  Ok!  Broccoli and chicken?  Why the hell not?

I love beefing mine up with roasted potatoes.  I make a huge batch of potatoes on Sunday and use them in recipes all week long.  It really adds some weight to the fritatta and leaves me full for the night.
Potato Spinach Frittata, stovetop frittata recipe, easy frittata recipe
The best part about this?  It's made from start to finish in one pan on the stovetop.  No oven required.  To most normal people living in the civilized world, this isn't a big deal.  To a pregnant lady living in an un-air conditioned apartment approaching the summer months, not using the oven is often the best part of a recipe.  Small victories.

Here's the recipe!

Easy Stovetop Potato Spinach Fritatta
serves approximately 2-4 people

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 cups roasted potatoes, chopped (I used leftover potatoes)
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Put a large, high sided, pan on the stovetop and coat well in coating spray and the teaspoon of vegetable oil.  Put the pan on medium heat.  When the oil starts to shimmer, add the onions and allow them to sweat for 5-7 minutes.  While the onions sweat, combine the eggs and almond milk in a bowl and whisk really well until combined.  Add salt and pepper to your preference.  Set aside.
2.  When the onions are soft and translucent, add the garlic and cook about one minute until fragrant.   Add the roasted potatoes and spinach to the pan and then add egg mixture.  Give it a gentle stir to distribute the ingredients and then immediately turn the heat to low.  Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes until set (the top will remain pale yellow and the center will be set).  Slice and serve!

Recipe an Annie's City Kitchen original.

post signature

8 comments:

  1. This was great - I used leftover boiled potato and just quick fried them first, but otherwise followed recipe, best fritatta I've made
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chief capabilities associated with a home seem to be to help you keep, prepare yourself and additionally make meals diet and additionally to try and do corresponding projects just like dishwashing.samsung refrigerator ice maker t dumping ice

    ReplyDelete
  3. An important functions of your kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to perform related tasks including dishwashing.tcl tv connected to wifi but internet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.samsung refrigerator ice maker t dumping ice

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.tcl tv connected to wifi but internet

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Your blog is a haven for those seeking both knowledge and inspiration. The way you blend information with a personal touch creates a unique and enriching reading experience. I'm always eager to see what you'll share next!"
    planet fitness coupons

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Your blog has become my virtual mentor. The guidance and wisdom you share resonate deeply, and I find myself returning to your posts for inspiration and advice. Thank you for being a source of mentorship in the digital realm!"
    araising canes coupons

    ReplyDelete