Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The London Makeup Edit

Being the makeup fiend that I am, packing makeup for a trip is always a bit of a struggle.  I love the time I have in the morning to pick out my makeup and use what feels right that day.  Packing forces me to abandon that process and choose all-purpose, no-fail items.  

For my recent trip to London, I knew I didn't want to fuss much with makeup in the morning (there was too much to be seen out there!) but I still wanted to feel like myself.  And let's be real, I knew I'd be buying makeup out there too so I'd likely have some new items to play around with.   

                 There is no tea in that tea cup                   
So, I had the ol' rummage through my stash and picked out the staple items that I knew wouldn't fail me.  Here are the highlights:

It Cosmetics CC Cream- This is pure magic in a bottle.  It's color-correcting, coverage-providing, illuminating magic.  It's practically zero work to apply and the finish is dewy and natural.  It's the definition of a no-nonsense foundation and might just be my favorite foundation of all time.  

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- I have fallen hard for this mascara.  It gives crazy volume and great length and, mostly importantly, doesn't smudge all day.  I've been using it for about a month or so and it's only gotten better over time.  

theBalm Frat Boy Blush- A pale peachy pink, this blush is perfect for perking up any look, especially after a long flight.  While it's brightening, it's not overpowering, which means I can easily wear it with most lipsticks.  

Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper- This hardly needs an explanation.  It's my favorite liner to date because it's easy to apply, dries matte, and DOES NOT smudge.  

Naked Basics Palette- I knew I'd hardly be spending time on any complex eye looks in the mornings and instead, I just wanted a palette that provided me a few options and didn't require much thought.  This palette easily got the job done.  

A few more honorable mentions: 
All in all, I'm pretty damn pleased with my selections because each morning was a total breeze.  As expected, I ended up digging into some of my British beauty purchases while I was there too.  

What are your go-to travel picks?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment