The weather in Chicago has been nearly perfection the last few days (aka it feels like fall) and I've got a mug of chamomile tea by my side. Oh, and FRIDAY.
1. This Blackberry Jam Donut Bundt Cake. Donut! Bundt! I mean, duh, why hasn't this been thought of before? Anything bathed in butter and coated in cinnamon and sugar is a sure win.
2. This is real?! Wanna know what's even better though? I'll be able to see it in person. WHEN I GO TO LONON. Eeep!!! Mark your calendars: November. I'll come back so European.
3. I've got what could be considered a mild obsession with thrift store china saucers and the thought of upcycling them never occurred to me. This is an adorable idea but I maayyyy not go with the bug theme. Not quite my style on account of my inability to see a bug without practically losing consciousness.
4. I've never done a juice cleanse but I am highly suspicious of all this "detoxing" people speak of. The thing is, no one has ever named exactly what is being detoxed. And it seems like most people are either all in or all out. Love 'em or hate 'em. It was nice to find an article with a balanced approach to it. Stop the madness people!
5. Ok yeah I'll take some of these Kahlua Crunch Bars please. NOW. (See how quickly I can forget about detoxing?)
6. I have discovered what is possibly a major game changer. The Perfumed Court is a website that sells high-end perfumes for prices that don't make me weep! They decant those lovely expensive perfumes you never let yourself buy (but smell every time you enter the store and ask for samples for the millionth time) and sell them in smaller sizes for cheaper prices. Being someone who can sometimes go from loving to hating a perfume with the flip of a switch, I'd prefer to have several selections in smaller sizes than one or two choices in full bottles. The first one I'm eyeing up is Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir. It's sweet and slightly spicy and reminds me of cough syrup but in a really good way. (Remind me to never describe perfume again).
What's making you happy this week?