Thursday, July 17, 2014

7 Things Making Me Happy This Week

Another week of summer flown by!  And I'm jetting off to NYC this weekend to visit the little sis!  Woo!  Let's talk about happy things:

1.  Seinfeld emojis are the best news of the week!  Since getting cable recently, it seems like there isn't an hour of the day when an episode of Seinfeld isn't airing and I'm lovin' every minute of it Jerry!  Binge watching til bedtime?  Yep.  

2.  You'll probably notice that around these parts, I don't make a lot of desserts that require much intricate decorating.  There are several reasons for this (laziness, lack of skills, laziness...) but when I spy a cake like this Trix Cake, it makes me want to run to the kitchen and have at it.  

3.  I LOVE reading about marketing tricks for different industries and this list of restaurant menu secrets was fascinating.  I don't know why I'm surprised to find that so much research has gone into menu creation.  It makes you wonder what other sorts of marketing tricks we fall prey to on the daily.  I'd love to know industry secrets for cosmetics since I am a documented sucker for pretty packaging.  

4.  When I was younger I distinctly remember my Grandma Anna using a mortar and pestle to grind up vitamins and vaseline to make her "salve," which she would put on her face for supposed beauty benefits.   She was a peculiar, fascinating woman.  We all joked about it and chalked it up to the one million other odd things my grandma did.  According to xoVain though, my grandma was actually on to something.  Aren't grandma's always right? (and weird).  

5.  Since recently painting a dresser in my bedroom, I've been drunk on painting!  I want to paint all the furniture in my home (but oddly not the walls...).  Just look at this adorable bar cart!  I'd take up drinking a nightcap every day just as an excuse to make that cart.  

6.  It's amazing how it sometimes takes one article for something to click.  This article on silicones in beauty products answers so many questions for me!  I feel like I can make much more informed purchases with a little knowledge on the ingredients in cosmetics.  If you've got 10 minutes to spare, I really recommend the read.  

7.  Ok, let's all just get a grip people! 

What's making you happy this week?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment