Thursday, June 12, 2014

5 Things Making Me Happy This Week

TGIF for rreeaaalllllll.  It was one of those weeks.  

1.  After a bit of consideration, I decided to order the Kevyn Aucoin book Making Faces.  I bought a used copy (because duh, I'm cheap) and it was actually cheaper to get it without Amazon Prime.  Of course, that means no two day delivery and I'm basically acting like I've been waiting 6 years for this book.  If I don't get it soon I don't know what I'll do.  I suppose I'll just wait longer but I won't like it! 

2.  I have found the most massive list of smoothie recipes in the history of mankind.  A compilation like no other.  Are you ready?  Are you seated?  Ok here you go.

3.  I'm generally not one for nail art but this super simple pastel look is too adorable to pass up!  It reminds me of sherbet and summertime!  

4.  I'm a HUGE podcast listener, especially on long walks, and I've discovered a new one that I can't get enough of.  It's called Throwing Shade but I suspect it may not be everyone's cup of tea.  It's a very specific kind of humor (and even a bit vulgar at times) but it really cracks me up.  But you've been warned, it's certainly polarizing and you'll either really love it or really hate it.     

5.  This "no makeup" makeup tutorial from Makeup by Alli is so subtle and beautiful!  Granted, the girl is a natural beauty but I'm always so impressed with the looks she creates and it inspires me to get creative.

So what's making you happy this week?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. You are funny!! Where is the link for makeup by Ali though?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks, thanks! And thanks for catching the link! It's added now :)

    ReplyDelete