Monday, May 26, 2014

The Look: The Lorde Lip

With news of Lorde's upcoming collection at MAC, I thought it fitting to have a go at a "Lorde Lip" with a few drugstore products I already own.  


I've always loved Lorde's dark look (and THAT HAIR, my god) but find it tough to wear something like that day-to-day, in real life.  I wanted to create a wearable dark lip that I could actually pull off.  I think?  You tell me.  

So here are the goods:




Maybelline Color Elixir in Caviar Couture (#50)
Milani Lipstick in Black Cherry

But here's the twist- apply the Color Elixir FIRST.  I know, I know.  Lip gloss first is sacrilege.  But this is a trick I do often to help lipstick glide on easily and to help shear out my lipstick color a bit.  I've found it even helps to avoid that weird ring around the lips that happens after lipstick fades throughout the day.  

For this look, I paired it with a pale pinkish brown eye.  Lorde usually wears a dramatic cat eye but that isn't quite "wearable" for everyday.  I wanted a neutral eye that put all the focus on the lip.  But don't forget about your brows!  Even though the eye look is minimal, a strong brow will help to balance the face.  

So what do you think?  Will you try the Lorde Lip?
post signature

1 comment: