Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Beauty Favorites

Here we are again ladies (and gentlemen?)!  Monthly favorites.  While I experimented with a few new products this month and found some gems, I found quite a few misses too.  Thank goodness for a generous exchange policy at Ulta!  Aside from that, I'm still loving nearly every one of last month's favorites too.  

So without further ado, let's get at it.  





Yep, same as last month.  I used this practically every day in February and I'm still in love.  I neglected to mention the brush I use for application last time so I wanted to note how much I love the Eco Tools Buffing Brush.  I'm usually a dedicated Real Techniques gal (and I believe they're manufactured by the same company as Eco Tools), but I wasn't quite liking the Expert Face Brush with this foundation.  The Buffing Brush was just perfect to get good coverage while being well blended.  

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer- 02
Revlon Blush in Naughty Nude 
Real Techniques Powder Brush

I've finally found my perfect bronzer.  I've always used bronzer sort of sporadically (>> I'll never be able to say that word without thinking of Clueless).  I was never fully dedicated to it mostly because I never found a shade I loved.  Most shades were either too orange or too muddy.  This is the ppeerrrfect matte warm brown tone.  When swatched on my skin, it's almost too subtle to really notice which is exactly what I like.  It adds warmth and contour without screaming "bronzer!" 

To apply my new favorite bronzer, I've been using my Real Techniques Powder Brush.  This brush is MASSIVE.  It gets the job done in seconds and diffusing the product in all the right places.  

Along with my bronzer I've been enjoying Revlon Blush in Naughty Nude.  It reminds me of Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed except slightly pinker.  I tend to reach for it when I'm wearing a brighter eye or lip and I need something natural and easily wearable.  
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette
What can I say about this specimen of beauty?  These eyeshadows are just total perfection.  The colors are obviously matte and so buttery smooth and blendable.  I've been wearing the whole middle row for the whole month and consequently I've been having the best eye makeup of my life.  No joke.  AND Matt Rosen and Matt Wood are near perfect eyebrow shades for me too.  The absolute best $23 I've ever spent.  
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Black 
Mally Volumizing Mascara in Black

Ooooo don't we all love a good liquid liner?  Being prone to oily lids, I've grown used to some smudges by day's end but no such issue with this stuff.  It really holds up all day and it's SO well pigmented.  The blackest blackest black.  Cat eye's are my new thang.  

I've recently become a bit obsessed with finding the best mascara in the world and I have a feeling my quest may end in heartbreak unless I happen to discover a mascara that actually just applies false lashes for you.  With that being said though, I'm really growing to like Mally's Volumizing Mascara.  I'll admit that I got suckered in when I watched Mally on QVC once.  I eventually bought it at Ulta with a great coupon and so far I've been impressed.  I've noticed it tends to clump just a bit but it's easy enough to comb out.  Darkly pigmented, full volume, easy to remove.  Check check check. 
Maybelline Color Elixir in Captivating Carnation
Smith's Rosebud Salve
Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm in Ingenue 

This is one of many Maybelline Color Elixirs I own and is quickly taking the spot of my favorite shade.  It's a slightly cool toned pink that's a perfect any day shade.  If I'm ever hemming and hawing over a lipstick shade in the morning, I just reach for this and head out the door.  

Smith's Rosebud Salve will easily become one of those products I repurchase for the rest of my life.  A big claim, I know.  But I put this on every night without fail and I haven't had chapped lips all winter.  I want this by my bedside every night.  

The formula for the Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balms is so lovely.  It glides on effortlessly, it's easily buildable, and not drying at all.  The shade Ingenue is a great nude for me since it still has some dimension and doesn't make me look lip-less.  
Jo Malone Perfume in Blackberry and Bay
Jo Malone scents are phenomenal.  After settling on this scent (which I LOVE), I've been compiling a wish list of other scents I want.  Blackberry and Bay is a lovely combination of floral, sweet, and garden-y (?).  There's an element of outdoorsy-ness that balances the sweetness.  It wears so well and I just can't get enough.  I'm a convert.  

I managed a lot of goodies in 28 days, huh?  So what are you loving this month?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment