Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wearable Drugstore Nudes

It may only be mid-February but I'm getting the springtime makeup itch.  I'm done with darker lips and smokey eyes.  Give me corals and pale pinks!  So I began digging around my makeup collection for some lip shades to lighten up my look.  

I don't think I'm quite ready to bust out some super bright lips but a wearable nude is right up my street.  I've struggled to find the right nude shades for my skin tone that don't make my lips fade into my face.  These drugstore shades are just the ticket.  
 Here are my favorite fool-proof, go-to shades:

Maybelline ColorSensationals in Totally Toffee
When swatched below, it reads quite brown but on the lips, it's the perfect neutral that still provides dimension.  A good matte nude-brown is perfect to pull together a look that requires minimal touchups and goes with almost any eye.  

NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu
A cult favorite, the NYX Butter Gloss formulas are near perfection.  Smooth and creamy, well pigmented and not the least bit drying.  Tiramisu has the slightest pink-ish hint which makes it easy to wear on it's own or layered over a different nude shade.  

Revlon ColorBurst Laquer Balm in Ingenue
The Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balms are quickly becoming one of my favorite lip formulas and Ingenue has been on my lips nearly every day this month.  It's the perfect "in-the-purse" shade with a slight orange undertone that provides just enough color to not be flat.  

Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Nudetrients
Isn't that little gem just summer in a bottle?  Just looking at it makes me happy.  This gloss is a sheer wash of pinky-nude color with a glossy finish.  I love to wear this on its own on weekends or on top of a nude lipstick for extra oomph on weekdays.  

Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse
In addition to the creamy and smooth formula, Mocha Muse is a "no mirror" shade of nude.  I can swipe this on in 10 seconds on my way out the door for a wash of pinkish-brown.  This is certainly a "your lips but better" color that enhances your lip's color and gives a sophisticated nude.  

Please excuse my pale and goose-bumpy arm
L-R: Totally Toffee, Tiramisu, Ingenue, Nudetrients, Mocha Muse

So what are your favorite drugstore nudes?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment