Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Beauty Wish List
Any time of year is a good time of year for a beauty wish list. I actually keep a Google Doc spreadsheet with a ranked list of all the beauty products I want to buy but I can't quite justify. Then I slloowwlly chisel away at the list as the year goes on. Totally normal. Beauty spreadsheets, they're a thing.
Let's start, shall we?
1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer- This stuff. Every blogger on the planet loves this stuff. So, being a natural sucker, I now want it too. Whenever I swatch this in Sephora, it's just so insanely blendable and super high-coverage. And considering I'm fighting an ongoing battle with some persistent under-eye dark circles, this could fill a very specific spot in my collection.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation- Ever since I saw Essiebutton talk about this foundation, I've been obsessed with trying it. I've never used mineral powder foundation before (mainly because I assumed I'd look powdery) so this seems like a good place to start as any. The truth is, I'm in a never-ending search for the world's most perfect foundation that gives the skin of an angel. Completely attainable goal. So, maybe this is the one!
3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner- Not to sound like a total creep, but this is another Essiebutton suggestion. She's been wearing this recently in her videos and it looks like the blackest black liquid liner ever. In addition to the insane pigmentation, the reviews on Sephora rave about it's all day staying power (as the name would suggest). Being a chronic oily-lid gal, a long lasting liner makes a big difference for me. The price is a bit steeper than I would normally pay for liner but the reviews say it lasts forever and therefore I've just justified it. That was easy!
4. Jo Malone Perfume- At this point, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with any scent. I smelled practically every scent a few months ago and I fell in love with 80% of them. The truth is, I could gladly wear Chloe for the rest of my life but I do like a little variety now and then so if I spurge on a new scent, Jo Malone would be it. I would just like to smell like a citrus orchard and a bouquet of assorted herbs and I don't think that's too much to ask.
5. Benefit They're Real- Gah, I wish I didn't want this! But I do! I've had a sample for a few weeks and at first I was only mildly impressed. Then, on a whim, I decided to layer it over a different mascara (L'Oreal Butterfly Effect) and it was magic. It separated my lashes and added so.much.volume. It's exactly what I look for in a mascara. So, I'm done for.
So what's on your beauty wish list?