Sunday, December 29, 2013

December Beauty Favorites

Here we are again my friends!  Talkin' beauty at the end of the month.  I considered doing a Best of 2013 post but I felt it was best to stick with my usual monthly favorites instead.  It just felt right guys.  Let's begin!  

The Body Shop Mango Eau de Toilette

Welp, I've got a thing for The Body Shop these days, huh?  After falling madly in love with the Satsuma Body Spray, I couldn't help myself from getting a mango version too.  The Eau de Toilette is slightly heavier and seems to have a hint of vanilla too.  Again, I like to layer it with my Chloe perfume and on weekends, I usually wear it on it's own.  I smell like fruit at all times.  

Rimmel Match Perfection in True Ivory
Becca Line and Pore Corrector Primer

After discovering the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder (and still loving it!), I still wanted to find something slightly more dewy and natural for days when I'm not so concerned with a "full face."  I'm totally in love with this Rimmel foundation because it's light coverage and really sits like a second skin.  I apply it with a stippling brush and it's the perfect dewy natural finish.

As far as primers go, I generally don't reach for them on a daily basis but I've noticed my pores around my nose become a bit more prominent lately (a truly ridiculous thing to notice, I know) so I've started dabbing a bit in the area to blur things a little. I spotted this primer on Modnique for a great price (and I've been wanting to try a Becca product for awhile) so I snatched it up.  It applies super smooth and silky and it's oil-free which is certainly what I need since I'm prone to oily skin.  

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed 
Real Techniques Setting and Blush Brushes 

Oh Tarte!  I've succumbed to the hype and finally bought an Amazonian Clay Blush and I chose the shade Exposed.  It's such a perfect everyday shade.  It's a mild pink shade (how many times can I say the word 'shade'?) with some warm brown undertones and it suits me so well.  I can see why people love these so much too.  So well pigmented and easy to apply as well as really long lasting.  

I'm a Real Techniques fan through and through so when I saw a sale at Ulta on these brushes, I didn't hesitate.  I use the large one to apply brush (aptly named the blush brush, duh) and the small brush is absolutely perfect for setting under-eye makeup.  
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

I think I'm just a walking cliche at this point because I definitely snatched up the Naked 3 palette as soon as it was released.  Now, I don't think it surpasses my love for the Lorac Pro Palette but I really like how unique the shades are in the Naked 3 palette.  There are lots of rosy pinks and rose golds and, I'll admit, it takes some doing to get used to it at first.  It's easy to go a bit overboard and look sickly if you're not careful.  But with the right balance, these shades can be quite flattering and feminine.  

Despite having bought my Lorac Pro Palette a few months ago, I'm STILL working through the eye primer.  So far, this is the best eye primer I've ever used.  It makes shadows look vibrant, it's still easy to blend, and it truly lasts me 10-12 hours without creasing.  Considering I have oily lids, that's quite the feat.
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 103
NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair

Not quite the winter shades, I admit.  But with the Naked 3 palette, it seemed like my lips needed a softer look so I've found myself reaching for this combination.  I dab a little of the lipstick onto my lips (because duh) and blend really well with my ring finger (instead of just slathering a layer on right from the tube) and follow up with a swipe or two of gloss.  Touch ups throughout the day are as easy as re-applying gloss.  Such an easy soft and feminine look.  

As usual, you can find all my favorites by following my Pinterest Board.  So what are you favorites this month?  Talk my ear off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment