Wednesday, September 18, 2013
1. I'm the one with the chin stitches. And my face is 80% cheeks. One of those things is still true today.
2. This pic and the story behind it are a family classic. Sara, the toothless one, was running laps around the house (like, literally running laps. Outside.) and face-planted on the sidewalk. While we were waiting in the ER, I got out of the chair, my legs stuck to the leather of the chair seat because I was in shorts, and I crashed to the ground, splitting my chin open in the ER. Thus, shorts are terrible.
3. This was the first of two times I split my chin open. The second time happened when I was running inside and slipped but couldn't break my own fall because I was holding a big calculator. I have a distinct memory of holding a washcloth to my chin, in the passenger seat, while my mom drove me to the hospital.
4. After getting stitches and seeing myself in the mirror for the first time, I thought I had a spider on my chin which is a reasonable assumption for a 3 year old so lay off!
5. I know one's eye tends to travel to Sara's toothless grin but if you shift your gaze slightly upward, you'll notice that Sara has definitely had a fresh bang trim. Those babies are blunt and a solid one inch above the eyebrow. Which is a weird length for bangs.
6. Also please notice the pretty hideous couch behind our heads.