Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weight Loss- Week 1

Moment of truth, ya'all.  It's week one of my weight loss goal.  And the update so far?  

I gained a pound.  

Wah wah.  Yeah, I did the opposite of what I wanted to do.  

So in general,  it's totally normal for my weight to fluctuate a pound or two in a week depending on when I weight myself and what I'm wearing so it doesn't concern me much.  However, when my main objective is to actually, ya know, lose weight, it's a bit of a bummer.  

So here's what's learned so far:

1.  Unless I live in a vacuum of healthy choices and no social life, figuring out a balance between being active and healthy and actually enjoying an adult beverage with some friends now and then is crucial.  So I really need to eat the best I can 80% of the time so that I can have some indulgences the other 20% of the time.  

2.  I've gotta set mini-goals along the way!  While I've got my main 25lbs as the ultimate goal, I think making small goals along the way is a good way to stay motivated.  So, I've been eyeing some high-end eyeshadow palettes that I keep talking myself out of.  I have plenty of makeup and I usually stick to drugstore stuff.  BUT with my first 10lb loss will, I'll let myself buy a quality eyeshadow palette, no guilt!  The reward for the full 25 lbs will be this beauty.  I've been wanting it for YEARS but never pulled the trigger.  When I hit 25lbs lost, that sucker is all mine.  

So that's that.  I never want to use the word "gained" on a post like this again.  That was brutal.  My focus this week is on my 80/20 while I map out a more diverse workout schedule for myself.  

Stay tuned for another update next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment