Monday, June 17, 2013

Top 3 Drugstore Mascaras

This post should come with the disclaimer that my "fave drugstore mascara" is like a revolving door.  I'm ALWAYS trying new mascaras.  It's like a sickness.  I'm such a sucker for packaging and mascara gets me every time.  So, lucky for you, I've wasted tons of money on mascara and I can now be a resource for you!  You're welcome.  

So there are two camps of mascara lovers.  Well, maybe three.  First, people who want volume.  They want thick lashes.  Second, people who want length.  They want fluttery feminine lashes. And third, people who want both.  They want it all.  



Obviously, I'm in the third camp.  I want it all.  I want the biggest lashes you've ever seen.  I basically wanna look like a drag queen.  I think I will forever be in search of my one true favorite mascara but in the meantime, I've found a few that I really do love.  




I think this mascara probably does the best job of adding length and volume.  It's super black and I never had a problem with it smudging throughout the day (and I ALWAYS have problems with smudging).  And maybe I'm imagining it but I think it gives my lashes the slightest curl.  

Next up is the Revlon Lash Potion



I bought this one 100% because of the packing.  So pretty!!  And the first time I used it, I actually hated it!  I decided to give it another try a few weeks later and I'm glad I did.  Maybe the formula needed to dry out a bit but this mascara is great for length.  I'd categorize it as the "fluttering feminine" kind of lashes.  Plus, I can apply a few coats and it never clumps.  

Last is my newest purchase, Maybelline The Rocket.  



I mean hello, look at this tube.  Obviously I needed it.  This formula is probably the blackest black I've tried and it really adds crazy length and decent volume.  However, I have noticed some smudging on my upper lash line (just my right eye oddly).  But, again, it never clumps which makes application easy.  

Welp, I somehow managed to talk about eyelashes for 5 or 6 paragraphs.  Worth it.  What are your faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment