I've been tossing around ideas on what to name a weekly post about some odds and ends happening in my world and when it came down to it, I decided to just straight-up steal an idea from my favorite podcast (more info below) called "What's Making Me Happy This Week." Pretty sure it needs little explaining but basically, it's a chance to share anything and everything that's bringing a smile to face this week and hopefully(!) bring a smile to yours.
Part of what I love most about reading other blogs is learning more about the blogger on a personal level so I certainly intend to insert some personal news as well as things that just about anyone can enjoy. Here it goes ya'aaallllll!
1. ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!
I can basically end my happy list right here because this is all the happy I need. I just can't.even.describe. the shock I was in when it happened. And then I cried and cried and cried and barely remember what happened. I'll spare all the glorious mushy sappy details but just look at my bling!!
2. Pop Culture Happy Hour- this is the podcast that inspired my Happy List and I loooovveee it. It's a roundtable discussion of all things pop-culture and it's hilarious and insightful and now I'm imaginary friends with the hosts. One time I tweeted Stephen Thompson (a panelist) and he tweeted me back and then I died.
3. I'm on a quest for Tank Top Arms by summer so I've been You Tube-ing arm workouts like mad. I should make the disclaimer that it's not really in my genes to ever have Tank Top Arms but a girl has to have goals in life. I've been loving these two videos because they're quick, easy, and involve relatively few props. I'll probably be an arm model soon.
4. Cheesy Caramelized Onion Volcanoes. HELLO.
5. Jurassic Park 3D is in theaters and it's totally something you should do. I hadn't seen it in over a decade (I think I'm an old person now) and I was reminded how wonderfully 90's the movie is. Delightfully 90's. I could take or leave the 3D part but it was fun seeing it in theaters and chuckling every moment Jeff Goldblum was on screen. -
What's making you happy this week?