Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let's be thankful

Let's be thankful for sisters!

And for bikinis, am I right?  I still look like that in a bikini, by the way.  Blue is really my color.  Sisters are the best though.  Even when they're little stinkerpies who plug their nose at the zoo (ahem, Grace).  Fun fact about Grace,  I'm pretty sure we pushed her in a stroller until she was about 6.  Totally normal.

And let's be thankful for moms and dads!

Let's just talk about those sunglasses my mom is rocking.  I would wear them right now.  And knowing my mom, she probably still has them somewhere.  And good news guys, my dad has had a beard since the day I was born and if he ever so much as thinks of shaving it, I am running away from home.

Let's be thankful for Grandma Anna!
She's the best little Polish grandma around.  My childhood was full of summers spent at gramma's house cleaning her pantry, learning to make corn fritters, feeding the birds, and sitting on the porch during thunderstorms.  And even now, my Grandma Anna cracks me up whenever I visit her.  I know everyone says their grandma is the best but when I say it, it's true.  I mean it.  Don't argue with me.

Let's be thankful for Disney World!

Obviously this is not the most recent picture.  But it is the cutest.  And if I could go to Disney World every year (or month or week), I would.  There are few other things that warm my heart as much as Disney World.  And I surely am grateful for it.

Let's be thankful for kitties!
These aren't my kitties.  Oh goodness no.  Just looking at a picture of kittens will make me sneeze.  These are my sister's kitties, Wembley and Walter.  Wembley is a snugglebug and Walter is sorta a jerk who jumps on the stove and sleeps in cake pans but he's pretty so he gets away with it.  The pretty ones always get away with it.  I should know (hahaha just kidding, yeah right).

Let's be thankful for KitchenAid Mixers!
I. can't. even.  There are no words for my love of my KitchenAid.  The world tried to keep us apart but we were meant to be together.  If there were a fire in my apartment, I would grab my photo albums and my KitchenAid.  Obviously, I would likely succumb to smoke inhalation because between the books and mixer, I'd be lugging around 40lbs of stuff.  Let's hope it never comes to that.

Let's be thankful for this hottie!

No, it's not some super handsome movie star.  And no, it's not Mad Men star Jon Hamm as Don Draper.  It's my boyfriend!  And I hope that I'm thoroughly embarrassing him.  But I sure am grateful that this guy has put up with me for almost 8 years.  Cuz I am not pleasant, guys.  He's a saint.  

So what are you thankful for?  My Grandma Anna?  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!        

No comments:

Post a Comment