Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Best Foot Treatment

I almost hesitate to write this post because I don't want to scar you for life with tales of my feet.  Suffice it to say, they're bad.  Especially in summer, I do quite a number on my feet.  Namely, I'm barefoot whenever possible.  I've been that way since I was a kid.  If I'm indoors, I'm barefoot.  

Well, except for at the office.  Don't think I haven't considered it though.  

So my feet are quite rough, to put it mildly.  They're almost always in dire need of a pedicure but I rarely, if ever, take the time to get one.  So, I'm always, on the hunt for a good at-home foot treatment.
Enter: The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub and a Pumice Stone.

I've tried my hand, or should I say foot (har har), at many a scrub/lotion/potion.  I've found a few good ones here and there.  But nothing that really impressed me.  Recently, The Body Shop was having one it's many excellent sales and I snagged the Mango Body Scrub for half price.  I had no intention of using it as a foot scrub (I mainly just LOVE the mango scent) but I decided to give it a go in the shower.  

Uh yeah, it's awesome.  

The scrubbies are super tiny, almost sandy, and feel smooth but effective on the skin.  It sits in a tub of oily liquid, but not overly messy and oily.  But it's the oil that really makes a difference for me.  My feet are always in need of hydration so while the scrubbies take care of exfoliating the dead skin, the oil leaves me moisturized.  Here's what I'd recommend:

1.  Soak feet in warm water for a few minutes to soften the skin (or stand in the shower for a few minutes).  

2.  Take a small scoop of the body scrub and concentrate it in small circular motions on your worst bits.  For me, it's heels and my big toe (am I turning you on right now?)

3.  After you're spent about 60-90 seconds working in the scrub, go in with a pumice stone.  Because the scrub is so soft and moisturizing, you actually won't have much scrub to rinse off.  So I head right in with a pumice stone and again focus on the spots that need it most.  Your feet should be soft and should take well to some firm scrubbing.  

4.  Lightly dry your feet and moisturize with your favorite lotion.  Might I suggest the Mango Body Butter?  If you're really serious, you could even put an extra thick layer of lotion on the feet and then put socks on immediately and sleep overnight with your feet bathed in lotion.  

What do you use to keep your tootsies soft?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment