Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Beauty Favorites

Wah hoo!  Beauty chat time.  I never got around to posting an April Favorites but I'm back with a vengeance with May.  Let's stop the chit chat and get at the good stuff now.  

*P.S. Apologies in advance for the grainy picture quality.  I had a funky camera setting that I think I've since fixed.  



I snagged myself a pretty kickass deal on Groupon for The Body Shop and didn't hesitate a second to get shopping.  Before heading to the store, I used their brief survey to determine what products would be best for me.  It turned up some Tea Tree products so I grabbed this toner asap.  It's not only tailored to blemish-prone skin (ahem, me at the moment), it also leaves skin mattified (a huge plus for an oily girl in a humid climate).  I use this every morning and I feel clarified and fresh.  

Can you tell I went shopping during a breakout?  This creamy wash is gentle on the skin but oh-so-refreshing.  It feels minty and cool and it's spectacular for warm summer nights when you want a deeper cleanse.  I use this about 3 times a week and I'm never left feeling tight or dry.  

The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub
Ok I swear this is the last Body Shop product.  THIS. SCRUB.  If I didn't know better, I'd think I was  literally rubbing raspberry jam on my body.  Imagine the scent and texture of raspberry and jam and eliminate the sticky-ness and there you have it:  Raspberry Body Scrub.  Heavenly.  Leaves me clean, exfoliated and moisturized. 

Caress Juicy Escape Body Wash
In most cases, if a body wash lathers well and smells nice in the shower, I consider it a win.  I don't expect much from my body wash.  But this is the first body wash that left me smelling like a Juicy Escape for hours after using it.  It's a light, fruity, not sweet, soapy smell that is basically my ideal scent.  I want to bath in it.  Oh right, I already do.  


Makeup Forever Face and Body Foundation #32
I had every intention to walk out of Sephora with MUFE Matte Velvet + but I was convinced otherwise.  I wore this foundation on my wedding and I've worn it every day since.  It's much more fluid than other foundation I own and it blends so seamlessly and doesn't cake.  I'd consider it to be light-medium coverage so occasionally I need concealer to cover stubborn redness.   Small price to pay for my favorite foundation ever.  Also pictured:  Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  My tool of choice for application.  

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
I got this bronzer in my Ipsy bag this month and I think I'm in love!  It's a cool toned matte brown that just looks rich and natural on the skin.  And the smell, my goodness the smell!  Would you be surprised if I said it smells like chocolate? 

Nars Orgasm Blush
I am officially a sucker.  On a total whim, I convinced myself that I needed this blush to see what all the fuss was about.  Annnnnnd I get it now.  It's just effortless.  It looks bright in the pan but it applies as a glowy bronzy peach that suits any look.  I have no regrets!


It's finally in the States!  I've been hearing about this mascara for months on British beauty blogs and I thought all hope was lost.  I've finally begun seeing this in stores and I didn't hesitate to buy one.  I quickly fell in love.  The formula is very black and I'd consider it to be mostly lengthening (though it does have some volumizing too).  If I was in a crunch, I'd use only this and be good to go.  It also lasts well all day and doesn't leave any smudges.  

This mascara has the best brush in the biz.  Its short stubby bristles let you get right at the root to separate and define lashes.  It's awesome for lower lashes too.  I use this as the final step in my mascara routine.  It's bound to be a reliable staple.  


It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette
I'm not sure I have words for this palette.  It's been a fast favorite, even rivaling my love for the Lorac Pro Palette.  Yeah, it's that good.  There are 14 matte shades and one Transforming Pearl shade.  The idea is to add Transforming Pearl to any shade to make a shimmer-sheeny shade.  The colors are unlike any other palettes I own.  They're soft and feminine and somewhat muted.  The blend like a damn dream and they're basically foolproof.  I have a special bond with Soft Light and Warmth. 

MAC 217 Brush
My first MAC brush!  Someone congratulate me!  In all, I'm pretty pleased with my current brush collection, which is mostly RealTechniques.  However, I wanted a good-quality, no nonsense, made-for-dummies blending brush.  And this is it.  It's prefect for crease blending or packing color on the lid.  If I was starting my brush collection all over again, it would probably be the first brush I'd buy.  
MAC Alluring Aquatics Lipstick in Mystical
I COULD NOT be kept away from this collection.  Can we all take a moment to appreciate the sheer perfection of this packaging?  It's a dream.  Tiny little water droplets!  I CAN'T EVEN.  Anyway, perhaps I should discuss the shade and formula?  True to form, the formula is classic MAC: creamy, smooth, longwearing.  And the shade is actually a bit lighter and pinker on the lips.  It's a super wearable everyday shade that adds just a little somethin somethin.'

MAC Alluring Aquatics LipGlass in Water Dieties
A golden sparkle-packed shade that make lips look plump and juicy.  I had no intentions of buying a lipgloss but after testing this at the counter, I was a goner.  It's beautiful on it's own and practically perfect over Mystical.  I'm rapidly becoming a MAC freak!

So what did you have on your mug in May?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment