Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lime Goat Cheese Guacamole AKA "Chubby Guac"

So take the goodness of guacamole: healthy things like avocados and limes and onions and cilantro.  What a healthful treat!  Cool and creamy, full of "good" fats and maybe packed with some veggies.  

Ok that's great and all (and really I mean that.  Guac is GREAT) but let's add more goodness.  Like cream cheese.  And goat cheese.  Oh goat cheese, how I adore you.
  
And we shall call it "Chubby Guac."  Get it?  Because we fattened it up with various cheeses.  It's chubby now.  I know, my cleverness surprises even me.  I'm a wordsmith.  One of the greats.  

Not.  

I struggle to form coherent sentences on a daily basis and I re-write tweets more often than I care to admit.  A wordsmith I am not.  
But I digress.  There's chubby guac to be discussed.  You will find yourself devouring this dip.  Especially if you're a goat cheese fan.  Oh man.  It's got the distinctive goat cheese tang with the cool creamy blandness (and I say "bland" lovingly) of avocado.  And a punch of lime because duh.  Chubby health food.  

Here's the recipe! 

Lime Goat Cheese Guacamole AKA "Chubby Guac"

Ingredients

  • 4 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
  • 6 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 3 avocados
  • zest of one lime
  • heaping 1/2 tsp cumin
  • salt to taste
Instructions
1.  In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer (or just lots of elbow grease), add the cream cheese and goat cheese.  Mix on medium high for about 1-2 minutes until the cheeses are completely combined, smooth, and whipped.  
2.  With the mixer on low, add the avocados and turn the mixer back to medium high.  mix another 1-2 minutes until the avocados are fully mashed and the mixture because pale green and light and fluffy.  
3.  With the mixer back on low, add the cumin, lime and salt, tasting as you go and adjusting as necessary.  Eat immediately or store in an airtight container and refrigerate.

Enjoy!

Recipe an Annie's City Kitchen original (from my friend James!)    


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment