Thursday, November 14, 2013

7 Things Making Me Happy This Week


Fall gifs for life

So when I decided to start making "happy this week" posts, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough content every week.  How morbid, right?  I was concerned that I couldn't accumulate a few bits of happy-making over a 7 day stretch.  Yeesh.  Little did I realize that it'd be a cinch!  

So this week.....

1.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to mention Stuff You Should Know.  I've been listening to this podcast for weeks on my walk from work to the train station and I already feel smarter for it!  The gist it, each week a new topic is picked and the two hosts give you the low-down on it.  I've listened to shows on Chinese foot-binding, fingerprinting, Medieval torture devices, police sketch artists and more.  Check it out y'all.  You'll sound like a genius in all conversations (*not guaranteed).    

2.  The Urban Decay Mother Lode.  Holy moses.  The weird thing is, I would only use about 12 of these shades and they'd all be some version of brown so why would I need this?  The answer is I wouldn't need it but I want it anyway!  

3.  So I'll assume you all know by now that I spend my time 4 ways:  working, sleeping, baking, or reading makeup blogs.  That is my entire existence.  And I've become huge fan of Vivianna Does Makeup.  I know I'm late to the game on this one but she is fantastic!  It just pains me that I'm not a chic young woman living in London too.    


5.  These colorized photos are equal parts eerie and beautiful.  It's amazing how much the color humanizes the subjects.  

6.  I've recently subscribed to Modnique and they're killing it lately with some holiday deals.  If you're looking for gift ideas or you wanna snatch some top-notch stuff you've been eyeing, check out their recent deals.

7.  This tutorial for the perfect brow is genius.  Admittedly, I do little with my brows so they could use a MAJOR overhaul.  I'll let you know if I give this a shot (unless it goes terribly wrong).  

So what's making you happy this week?    

No comments:

Post a Comment