Sunday, October 27, 2013

Attack of the Plums!


Plums!  Plums everywhere!  I'm ready to whole-heartedly embrace some plum colors for fall since I think they tend to flatter me best.  Corals and pinks are fun and all but fall and winter shades are really my jam.  Here are a few of my faves:

1.  Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in Galaxy
Have you heard of the phrase "your lips but better"?  It's that perfect shade of lip color that's just a smidge better than your own lips and looks perfect.  Well this isn't quite that.  It's certainly darker then my natural lips but it's still a perfect slliightly purple tone.  

2.  Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine
Despite the (in my opinion) somewhat silly name, the formula of these Dream Bouncy blushes is just great.  I'm a ride or die cream blush girl and this line has some gorgeous shades.  Plum Wine in particular is a wonderful rich plum that I love pairing with a simple cat eye and a light plum or natural lip.  

3.  Maybelline Great Lash in Vision in Violet  
Oooo what fun!  Colored mascara!  Now I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the formulation of Great Lash mascaras.  I think they don't provide much volume and can sometimes be wet.  However, when it comes to fun shades like this, I like to layer it on top of my usual mascara for an extra pop of color.  For around $5, it's an easy way to make an eye look a bit more fun. 

4.  Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
This shade reminds me a lot of the Rimmel Show Off shade but slightly less glossy.  It's certainly not matte and it has a lovely sheen.  Just like the Show Off, I reach for this a lot when I'm going for a mostly neutral look but I'm still looking for a slightly darker lip.  

5.  Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten
While it may read a bit red in the picture, this is actually a super pretty plum-y fuchsia and it really packs a punch.  I've found the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains to have a very long lasting formula that can occasionally be drying.  Just be sure to moisturize well before applying and you'll be set.  

6.  Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine
I LOVE this stuff.  I think I've gone through two tubes already and I'm on my way to a third.  Not only are these wonderfully moisturizing, they actually have decent pigmentation.  This provides a great wash of plum to the lips and it's my go-to product for weekends.  Crazy easy.  

7.  Milani Lipstick in Sangria
I feel like Milani lipstick is really an undiscovered gem for most people.  I can't really speak to the rest of the Milani line but I'm crazy about their lipsticks.  The pigmentation is wonderful, they're not drying, and they have decent long-lasting wear.  This shade may look a little intimidating in the tube but it's a very wearable deep plum and it's pretty much THE perfect shade for fall and winter.  

What are your favorite plums this season? 


No comments:

Post a Comment