Sunday, December 23, 2012

Salted Caramel Toffee Peanut Fudge


No time.  Must post.  People!  This fudge is coming to you late.  I offer my sincerest apologies.  But I really had to start my Christmas shopping at some point (like 3 days before Christmas) so time for posting became increasingly harder to find this week.  But I finally found it!

But good news!  This isn't typical fudge that requires thermometers and babysitting.  It's also not this kind of fudge that requires babysitting.  Zing!  Man, I'm good.

This fudge is made by melting the good stuff (sweetened condensed milk and chocolate) and topping it with more good stuff (toffee, peanuts, sea salt) and eatin' it.  It just needs to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes while you chill on Pinterest for 30 minutes and you got yourself some fudge.


And here's the biggest confession of all.  I was pretty confident that I kinda hated fudge.  It's like, when my brain is ready to receive chocolate in my mouth and I eat fudge, it's always a let down.  I'm expecting a different chocolate intensity.  But when I saw this recipe, the world was ok again.


This is fuddggggeeee.  It's everything you want it to be.  And it's ok to eat it before 8am, if necessary.  IT WAS NECESSARY GUYS.  So do whatcha gotta go this Christmas but please make this fudge part of it.  You're very welcome.  

Here's the recipe!  

Ingredients:
20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped  (I used chips here because I'm lazy)
1 (15-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10-12 caramel-filled chocolates (I used Ghiradelli squares with salted caramel), chopped
3/4 cup chocolate toffee pieces, like Heath toffee chips
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
4 ounces milk chocolate, melted

sea salt, for sprinkling

Instructions:  
1.  Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.  

2.  Add semi-sweet chocolate to a double boiler, and melt completely. One melted, remove from heat and slowly add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, stirring with a spatula until completely incorporated and the mixture becomes very thick.  Use the spatula or a large spoon to spread the chocolate in the pan, coaxing it into corners.  Don't worry about the top looking smooth because it will be covered with chocolate and candies, just spread it evenly. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.

3.  Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth.  Remove the pan from the fridge. Take a few small spoonfuls of the milk chocolate and using the back of a spoon, spread it evenly over the top of the fudge.  Immediately sprinkle with a little sea salt and cover it with the chopped caramel-filled candies, peanuts and chocolate toffee pieces.  Using a little pressure, press the toppings into the fudge to set.  Take remaining milk chocolate and drizzle it over the top to set some of the loose candy.  Let set in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.

4.  When ready to cut, fill a large cup with hot water. Dip a sharp knife into the water, then blot on a towel. Use knife to cut fudge into your desired size of squares.  I recommend small pieces since this fudge is rich.

Enjoy!  

Recipe barely adapted from How Sweet It Is

1 comment:

  1. This looks decadent! Your photos do a great job of making me wish I had a batch of these in the kitchen right now!

    Stay in the Lines

    ReplyDelete