Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Beauty Favorites

It's our favorite time!  Monthly beauty favorites!  We get to chat about all the good stuff!  I feel like I'm reaching a point in my beauty collection where I've amassed some great holy grail products.  Stuff that I'll gladly repurchase over and over.  It's the sweet spot.  

Here's what June looked like:



This really great thing happens when you turn 29 where you have dark circle under your eyes no matter how much sleep you do or do not get.  It's fun.  Thank heavens for the Bobbi Brown Color Corrector.  Super creamy and salmony pink, it's the best under-eye corrector out there.  I've found applying it with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush is practically perfect, making my under-eyes appear circle free and at least looking like I'm 25 again.    

Oh mama.  This is the stuff.  I still love The Body Shop Honey Bronzer but it's much lighter and better suited for winter when my skin is practically translucent.  Even though this Too Faced bronzer looks too dark, it blends so seamlessly and adds the perfect warmth to my face.  I especially love that it's cool-toned and there's 0% chance of looking orangey.  And if all that weren't reason enough, IT SMELLS LIKE COCOA.  Uh yeah.    

Benefit Dallas Blush
Ain't nothing exciting to look at in the pan but this is possibly the perfect everyday "your cheeks but better" shade for me.  It's got a bronzey warmth to it with a subtle plum undertone.  I reach for it everytime I want to wear a brighter lip because I know I won't look like a clown.  

Benefit Rockateur Blush
I was on quite the Benefit kick this week and with good reason.  I'm a few months late to the game on this one but Rocketeur is gaw-jus pale pink with a beautiful sheen.  It makes my cheeks look alive and glowy while still being subtle.  
Rimmel ScandalEyes Liquid Eyeshadow in Rich Russet 
These liquid lipsticks get far too little love, in my opinion.  Imagine the Maybelline Color Tattoo (a beautiful metallic) but more liquid-y and more blendable.  BUT!  You've got about 30 seconds to blend before this stuff sets.  And then, my friend, you are set for the day.  This stuff does.not.budge.  And coming from me, that's quite the stamp of approval.  

Urban Decay Naked Basics 
I bought this palette a few months ago and have used it one and off since.  But this month, I've reached for it a TON.  In summer, I like to try brighter lip colors which means I tend to go a bit lighter on the eyes.  Naked Basics has literally everything I need, including the eyeliner (black shade with a little water on the liner brush) to make a soft defined eye.  If you're new to palettes or don't fuss too much with eye makeup, this is the palette for you.  
L'Oreal Miss Managa Mascara
I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!  I've know a lot of bloggers who don't like this stuff and I just don't understand.  For me, it's nearly perfect.  Super black, wet formula that's easy to build, doesn't smudge all day, but still easy to remove.  For months I was using two mascaras (one volumizing and one lengthening) to get the look I wanted.  This pink and black beauty is all I need now.  
The Body Shop Color Crush Shine in #18 and #14
Perhaps the ideal lipstick for summer?  BRIGHT colors, sheer but buildable formula, moisturizing, and subtley glossy.  These don't have mega wearing power but they're so easy to reapply (and never leave that ring around your lips) so they've got my seal of approval.  

So what have you been loving this month?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment