Thursday, January 23, 2014

5 Things Making Me Happy This Week

Image via Instagram @AnniesCtyKtchn

1.  I used to love taking those dumb quizzes in magazines like "What kind of friend are you?" or "What's your kissing style?"when I was in high school and I've still got a soft spot for them nowadays too.  This Buzzfeed "What city should you live in?" quiz categorized me as a Londoner and I said "heck ya!" because I've wanted to be British my whole life.  

2.  I think I've uncovered something life changing here.  This website has guided, timed meditation sessions and it's the best thing ever.  I've always wanted to start meditating regularly because when I've done it in yoga classes, it's basically the best experience ever.  But when I'm in my own home, I really struggle to zone out and focus on mediating.  This site has gentle guidance so my brain can still focus but still zone out.  Did that make sense?  Probably not.  


3.  Can we all take a minute and stare at these grains of sand under a microscope?  THE WORLD IS A CRAZY PLACE.  If that stuff wasn't so microscopic I'd wanna make jewelry out of it or something.  It's beautiful!  

4.  I love when I find a new blog to add to my bloglovin' feed.  In my own mind, being added to my bloglovin' feed is no small feat!  I get drunk with power and will sometimes follow a blog for a few weeks before I decide to officially add them.  It's like the most exclusive club that no one knows about or cares to be a member of.  But anyway, The Sugar Hit has made the list!   Congratulations?  I'm really digging her recipes (salty honey sauce, HELLO), her delectable pictures and her writing style.  I'm converted.  

5.  Speaking of blogs, I've only recently realized how absolutely amazing Temptalia is.  What the heck took me so long?  There's always a time and a place for more of a "lifestyle" blog that's chatty about life and beauty but when I want the cold hard facts about nearly any makeup, Temptalia is the place.  I reference it nearly any time I consider buying a product and I'm never let down.  The girl knows her stuff.  

So what's making you happy this week?       

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment