Sunday, September 22, 2013

September Ipsy Glam Bag

Ipsy time guys!!  Woo hoo!  I'm beginning to wonder what I'm gonna do with all these makeup bags...  And speaking of which- this month's bag is cute!  Dark blue with a black floral-y lacy pattern.  Adorbz.
First up, Jcat Lipstick in Honeycrisp.  I think this retails for about $2.50 and reminds me a lot of a few NYX lipsticks I have.  The quality seems decent, nothing super special but it doesn't seem particularly drying.  However, I can't manage to pull off a nude lip if my life depended on it.  So unfortunately, this shade just won't work for me.  But if you're on a budget, I think this brand is a good option for your money.  
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara- Quite the cheeky name, no?  So I was fully expecting to dislike this mascara.  I can't even quite tell you why.  I think it's because I've never really heard of this brand and I assumed if it was any good, I would have heard of it by now.  Good news is, it's actually pretty great!  I mean,  it doesn't beat my L'Oreal Million Lashes Excess but it's pretty decent and it made some great length.  Bad news is, it retails for $19.99.  In my opinion, there are just far too many great drugstore mascaras that are as good or better than this that sell for half the price.  Save your money guys.  
NYX Eyeshadow in Charcoal- I always love me some NYX!  This eyeshadow is a dark grey with a slight sparkle and seeing as how I generally stay in the brown family for eyeshadow, I'm glad to get this shade so I can experiment with new looks in fall.  In terms of quality, this eyeshadow isn't quite as nice as some of my more expensive palettes but I think it's probably the best value for a drugstore brand.  The payoff is good and I never have a fallout problem.  Pretty pleased! 
Starlooks Eyeliner in Obsidian- Suupppper happy to see this!  I've been needing a new black eye pencil for quite a while but I kept putting off purchasing because I always want to buy more exciting things at Ulta.  I used this the other day and in regards to texture, it applies so easily and creamy.  It doesn't tug on the eye at all and it's a deeply pigmented black.  However, I found that it's certainly not long lasting in the waterline.  I've actually never found an eyeliner that stays in the waterline well so this was just par for the course for me.  All in all, I think it's great if you don't intend to use it much in the waterline.  
Freeman Face Masks-  I love love love these.  I already own about 4 or 5 Freeman face masks (the full size bottles) but I haven't tried any of these versions.  The thing about Freeman masks is, it's not like they're life changing.  If you're looking to totally rejuvenate your skin, that will likely take more investment than a $3.99 face mask.  But for me, I like these masks for a once or twice weekly pick-me-up.  Sometimes, my skin just looks dull and it needs a good sprucing-up.  For the price, I think these are awesome and I always have a few varieties at home.  

All in all, I really liked this bag.  There are probably a few products I wouldn't re-purchase, based mostly on price,  but the quality is good and I love trying new brands.

What did you think of this month's Ipsy Glam Bag?  

No comments:

Post a Comment