Monday, July 8, 2013

Ulta Beauty Haul

More accurately, I could basically call this a NYX beauty haul.  These days, when I head into Ulta I almost surely leave with about 5 products and 80% of them are NYX.  If you haven't explored NYX yet I suggest you do.  They've got a huge collection for very low prices and the quality is mostly great (though there can be a few duds).
Anyway!  On to my first and only non-NYX choice.  Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Electric Blue (oddly, they don't have that specific color on their site.  This is a link to the other colors).  This is probably my 7th Color Tattoo and I've loved every single one.  It's a cream eye shadow with excellent pigmentation and it' SO easy to apply.  In fact, I don't even use a brush, I just smear it on my lids with my ring finger.

Most of the colors I own are browns and pinks and bronzes so this blue is a huge step for me.  I'm basically terrified of blue eyeshadow because I don't want to look like I've stepped out of a 1980's music video (or do I?).  However, this is a deep blue and I'm hoping I can make it work with a smokey eye.  Wish me the best.  Hilarity will likely ensue.     
NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray.  I've only recently gotten into setting sprays but this is my first matte setting spray.  I tend to have oily skin, especially in summer, so I need all the help I can get to avoid shine.  I can't say I noticed a huge difference in shine control (maybe slightly though) but it was about a 10 hour day and my makeup really stayed put.  At $7.99, I think it's reasonably priced for the quality.  Don't be expecting any miracles though!
NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic: If you're looking for miracles, this blush is where it's at.  I've waxed poetic about NYX Cream Blush before so when I realized how much I loved it, I knew I wanted to try more colors.  Honestly, I would have gladly purchased every color but I decided to reign in the crazy and go for a wearable everyday color.  This is a lovely baby-doll pink with a slight shimmer that's subtle and natural.  So in love.  
NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu:  This is my first go at NYX Butter Gloss (I've tried their Mega Shine Lip Gloss before) and if I'm being honest, I don't totally know the difference between the formulas.  However, I still really love this gloss because it's not super sticky, it has only a mild scent, and it's a beautiful pinky gold color.  I expected something a bit more brown with a name like Tiramisu but I'm pleasantly surprised anyway.  At $4.99 I foresee many purchases in my future.  


NYX Round Case Lipstick in Pure Nude: $3.99 people!  For Lipstick!  This particular line has about a million shade choices and from what I can tell, they're all very well pigmented.  I chose Pure Nude and even though it looks sort of pink-ish, it actually applies quite nude with only the slightest pink undertone (which I think works well with my skin).  I think the quality is really decent given the price though I would recommend your lips are well moisturized before applying.  My sister detected a slight waxy texture but didn't so it may vary a bit depending on color and your own lips.  I won't make the argument that this lipstick is the same quality and higher-end stuff (as if I even own anything high-end) but in terms of affordable lipsticks, this was a winner.    

What are your favorite Ulta purchases?  Anything I NEED to try? 

3 comments:

  1. I love NYX lipstick! I have one named Chaos, which is a bright red and I love it! They are totally worth the price and my favorite color tattoo is Bad to the Bronze. It's a great color to put all over the lid and under other shadows. Great post :)


    http://elizabethvasquezreveals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Bad to the Bronze too and I probably wear it at least 3 times a week. Love it!!

      Delete