Sunday, July 28, 2013

Save Your Pennies: L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Eyeliner

If it's not apparent already, I'm a bit of a makeup addict and I'm generally pretty good at picking out products I like but I certainly find some duds along the way.  But just because I wasted a few pennies of this stuff, doesn't mean you have to!  Here's the first of my Save Your Pennies/Spend Your Pennies series.  

L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

Blech, I've had a heck of a time finding a liquid eyeliner I like.  I bought this one because I thought it was one recommenced by one of my favorite You Tubers.  I was incorrect.  At first, I thought I liked it anyway.  The tip, which is sorta like a felt tip pen, made applying liner easier than eyeliners I've had in the past and right when it was applied, I loved it!  Pigment was great and it made clean lines.  Wah hoo!  

Except not.  About 4 or 5 hours into the day it would start to smudge around my eye and the pigment would fade significantly.  A real bummer considering I even used an eyelid primer AND a setting spray.  For awhile, I kept using it anyway because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my money by tossing it out and I just sorta figured that I always have issues with eye makeup staying put anyway.  My dumb eyelids!  

Then I snapped outta it!  I realized I didn't need to settle for mediocre products because I'm sure there's an eyeliner out there that works for me (and in fact, I think I've found one).  Life lessons ladies!  So, in my opinion, save your pennies on the L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Eyeliner.  

    

4 comments:

  1. Try NYC liquid liner. I've always had trouble with liquid liners, but NYC's is remarkably easy to apply. It lasts until you take it off, and it's super black. Plus it's cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Thanks Cella. I haven't tried that one yet.

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing L'Oreal Lineur Intense today and it's either completely disappeared from my eyes or smudged. It's so frustrating! And now I know to stay away from this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, so frustrating! Definitely don't waste your money on this one either. A real bummer.

      Delete