Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Week in Instagram

Working clockwise from top left

Masquerade Holiday Party!  It's that time of year again when my coworkers and I put on dresses and heels and drink a little too much and eat some chicken McNuggets afterwards.  These lovely ladies are Maggie and Angelica and they look simply ravishing in festive masks.  The night got a little blurry after this....

Scotcharoos:  This was actually round two of Scotcharoos.  Round one I messed up with some amateur move by boiling the sugar too long.  This was sweet redemption.

Recipe Testing!  This afternoon of recipe testing may have left me with a few duds but it definitely made me realize that if I had the time and resources, I would gladly test and develop recipes a lot more. I'm still convinced I can make Gingerbread Smore's Cups work.  Just give me some time!  

Carbs:  After the holiday party, I needed carbs in a very serious way.  I've actually been eating a lot less carbs lately (aside from all the baking, obvi) and I'm afraid that going carb-crazy this weekend opened the flood gates again.  They're like a drug.  Once those salty starchy french fried hit my lips, all hope was lost.  I just need my fix, man.  

Goat cheese:  But don't worry about all the carbs because I followed it up with a veggie burger on a salad!  This was really a practice in self-restraint because I could have ordered this burger on a pretzel bun.  And Ann Lindsay has never said no to a pretzel bun.  But in reality, this salad existed solely as a vehicle for goat cheese to my mouth.  Mission accomplished.  

And a follow-up!  So remember when I entered a contest?  Something tragic has happened.  I lost.  So obviously I'm devastated.  And I'm fully willing to admit that I'm a sore loser.  Always have been, always will be.  It's the reason I rarely enter contests.  But my jealously, resentment and sadness don't really manifest themselves in any real way.  It's not like I'll take revenge on the winners.  I wouldn't even know how to do that.  How would I do that?  If you could suggest a way to exact revenge, what would you recommend?  Hypothetically, obviously.  

So anyway, the winner received an iPad which is fine because I don't really want one.  They're overrated, probably.  I don't really know, cuz I don't have one.  And never will.  Because I lost.  I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH IT.  

No comments:

Post a Comment