Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monster Cookies




Boy oh boy.  What do you do when you're sitting in front of your computer, fingers on the keys, but nothing to say?  I'm ready to type guys, I just don't know what to say.  Obviously, I can talk about Monster Cookies.  That seems too easy though, right?    
I know my dedicated fans have come to expect thoughtful prose from my blog.  It's a lot of pressure for someone of my genius and my infinite wisdom.  Producing poignant and honest writing every week can be a struggle.  Especially when I couldn't figure out why Emily kept around John "The Wolf" on The Bachelorette for so long.  I mean, that guy didn't say more than two words for weeks and got a free trip through Europe.  How can I write when I feel so conflicted?      
But here we are readers.  Talking about Monster Cookies and Rose Ceremonies.  I feel like this blog post got away from me...  Let's bring it back home to cookies.  Monster Cookies.  Apparently Monster Cookies are a "thing" that exist amongst the general public.  So I was reading through some recipes online and readers left comments about the use of flour in these cookies.  There was outrage I say, outrage!  I've learned flour is not allowed in Monster Cookies.  Who knew?!  I guess everyone except me, it would seem.

I suppose it makes sense since these cookies have just about everything else in them.  And it's really wonderful because you can swap in or out just about anything you prefer.  Chopped peanuts?  Sure!  Reese's Pieces?  Why not?!  Toffee bits?  Go for it!  Not to mention (actually I'm about to mention) that this recipe makes a TON of cookies.  For "monster" appetites.  That joke was as painful for me as it was for you.  

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup M&M's
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)



Directions


1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats or spray with cooking spray.
2.  In a very large mixing bowl, combine eggs and both sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter, mixing well again. Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips.  Add baking soda, and oatmeal and Rice Krispies, stirring gently not to crush the Krispies.  
3.  Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart (the dough will be somewhat sticky and it will spread and flatten) onto the prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.  Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. 

Enjoy!

Recipe adapted slightly from Paula Deen/Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment